PSY 125: Visualization for Health and Well-being
This 8 week course provides theory, application, and practice in the process and dynamics of using visualization and imagery in health for the promotion of health and well-being in self and others. Practice includes applications to various age groups and situations including children and adults, childbirth, learning, chronic illness, body image, pain control, wound and fracture healing, fitness activities, self-esteem, and mind and spiritual development. A self-focused component provides practice in applying the techniques to improve work performance and mental clarity, as well as promoting personal health and well-being.
Although this course is best done in eight weeks, learners are encouraged to approach the content in a self-paced, individualized way. One to one interaction with the course facilitator is a primary feature of this process. This course is done completely online from the comfort and privacy of your own home or office. All necessary study materials are included in the course fee, including readings and downloadable documents. Reasonably priced tarot card sets will be made available for purchase. You may enroll at any time.
Additional supplies will be required to create your visualization scripts including a reliable tape recorder or computer-based sound recording system; blank tapes or CDs; and a reliable microphone. For those who wish to create music or add sounds to the tapes, access to musical instruments or computer software or hardware, or access to recordable nature sounds (such as ocean waves, the wind, rain falling, birds singing, and so on) will be needed.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to visualization, mental imagery, affirmations, mind-body interactions, physiology, pathophysiology
- Explore the dynamics of applying visualization and imagery for pain relief and relaxation
- Explore principles of the visualization process and apply these to health and healing
- Engage in the process of creating visualization and imagery scripts including the selection of background music and sounds
- Explore the process of applying visualization and imagery to self-care activities including fitness, nutrition, weight control, sleep disorders, fracture and wound healing, and chronic conditions
- Create visualization and imagery guides for selected purposes
- Practice visualization and imagery techniques
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of the visualization guides created
Learners will be assessed using the following methods (both self and instructor evaluation):
- Personal Journal and Weekly Worksheets: 20%
- Visualization Script Exercises: 10%
- Major Visualization Guide (recorded): 35%
- Visualization Guide Analysis: 25%
Upon completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion for a 24 hour course.
Rajuna has taught, written about and practiced visualization for over 20 years. She is also completing her PhD in Technology Education, with an emphasis on e-learning and online course development.
TOTAL TUITION: $99 USD which includes instruction, resources and worksheets.
Fee may be paid using PayPal, international money order or certified check.
Rajuna's Reserve TM
All rights reserved 1998 - 2007